Saturday, February 14, 2009

Travel day

Dear all
Its 630 in the morning and the sun is juuuust brightening the sky a little. the busses are packed, breakfast is wrapping up and we are all sleepily getting onto our trucks. we have a 7-8 hr bus ride ahead of us to the Mara. Valentine's day party went late into the night and I didnt see the end of it, heading for bed instead at around 1130, getting up with the alarm at 545. Its been a tiring couple days with bird walks and the boat trip to bird island. we are going to be camping for the next week in Mara and Langadawas. Masaii warriors will serve as our guards against the prevelant lions and hyenas at night.
Not sure when I'll next have access to internet, some say a week, some say more. But I'll write with an update at least by March17th, which is when we will be back in Nairobi's ICIPE site.
Lots of love to all at home
xoxox
Marion

4 comments:

  1. we miss you! hopefully it's not a whole month til i hear from you again...

    Happy valentine's day!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had afantastic time in the Mara, I am more than a teensy bit jealous.
    Hillery hasn't had a response from the person she knew in Kampala. I've asked one of my Zimbabwean OT colleagues if they know of any rehab centres in Kenya.

    Or try L'arche in Kampala
    L’Arche International is a Federation of more than 135 member communities, established as independent entities in 36 countries. The communities encompass 5000 people with and without an intellectual disability, who share their lives in homes, workshops and day programmes.

    Andrew Yooumbe
    Zone Coordinator
    P.O.Box 25406
    25641 Kampala
    Ouganda
    Tél: 256 41 287330
    larcheug@utlonline.co.ug

    L'Arche Uganda
    PO Box 14095
    Kampala
    Uganda
    (256) 41.270.23
    larcheug@utlonline.co.ug

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, masaii warriors for night-time protection, huh? that's hot. can you take pictures of them, or would the camera's flash ruin their night vision?
    have fun! -suen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Auntie Margs
    I emailed Andrew this afternoon, offering my volunteer help for the month of April. We will see what happens! Please let me know if you get anything back from your other connections!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete